Careers at Spa Shiki
Are you ready for the challenge of a job that demands your best? Are you ready for a job that will challenge you to grow professionally? Are you a team player who can support our organizational values and show respect and consideration for your colleagues and our guests? If so, please consider joining Spa Shiki’s team and taking part in upholding Spa Shiki’s reputation for exceptional service, value and experience.
Before you preview our open positions, please take a moment to review our philosophy, expectations and standards.
Spa Shiki Philosophy
The Lodge of Four Seasons Mission Statement
We at Four Seasons will be recognized as a national premier resort and residential community by providing a quality experience for our guests, property owners and ourselves through maximum service, value and satisfaction while maintaining an economically-sound business environment.
Expectations and Standards
Spa Shiki sets high standards for employees and is a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All employees are expected to comply with our standards for hospitality, courtesy and attendance. Our standards also address such issues as honesty, performance, work habits, avoidance of prohibited illegal activities and willingness to follow established procedure. All guests, supervisors and fellow employees are to be treated with the highest degree of hospitality and courtesy.
Five Steps of Service
One: Welcome the guest.
Two: Use the guest’s name.
Three: Take care of his or her needs.
Four: Thank the guest.
Five: Invite him or her to return.
The Lodge of Four Seasons’ Twenty Standards
Spa Shiki and The Lodge of Four Seasons are both part of the Four Seasons’ holding company. The success of the spa impacts the resort, and the success of the resort impacts the spa. All spa and Lodge employees should know the following 20 standards by heart:
- All associates will practice the five steps of service (see above).
- Every associate will successfully complete orientation and departmental training requirements to ensure job and service competency.
- Every associate will know the needs of their internal and external customers (guests and co-workers) so that we may deliver the products and services they expect.
- Any associate receiving a customer complaint “owns” the complaint.
- Instant guest pacification will be ensured by all. React quickly to correct the problem immediately. Follow-up with a telephone call within twenty minutes to verify the problem has been resolved to the customer’s satisfaction. Do everything you possibly can to never lose a guest.
- Uncompromising levels of cleanliness are the responsibility of every associate.
- Respond to all internal and external customers with a “smile.” We are on stage. Always maintain positive eye contact. Use the proper vocabulary with our guests. (Use words such as “good morning,” “certainly,” “I’ll be happy to,” and “my pleasure.”)
- Be an ambassador of this hotel in and outside of the work place. Always talk positively. No negative comments.
- Escort guests rather than point out directions to another area of the hotel.
- Be knowledgeable of hotel information (hours of operation, etc.) to answer guests’ inquiries. Always recommend the hotel’s retail and food and beverage outlets prior to outside facilities.
- Use proper telephone etiquette. Answer within three rings using the standard Lodge greeting. When necessary, ask the caller, “May I place you on hold?” Do not screen calls. Eliminate call transfers when possible.
- Uniforms are to be immaculate. Wear proper and safe footwear (clean and polished) and your correct nametag. Take pride and care in your personal appearance (adhering to all grooming standards).
- Ensure all associates know their roles during emergency situations and are aware of fire and life safety response procedures.
- Notify your supervisor immediately of hazards, injuries, equipment or assistance that you need. Practice energy conservation and proper maintenance and repair of hotel property and equipment.
- Protecting the assets of The Lodge of Four Seasons and Spa Shiki is the responsibility of every associate.
- Only quality food and beverages will be served, ensuring freshness, consistency and flavor, with hot food served hot and cold food served cold.
- Consistent service delivery throughout the hotel. All customers will receive the same level of quality, consistent service throughout the hotel and at every visit.
- All associates will practice teamwork as a “lateral service” to create a positive work environment: Treat each other as ladies and gentlemen.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of all guests ensuring their safety and security, i.e. never give a room number of a guest to anyone inquiring. Associates are never permitted in a guestroom unless it is to perform a specific job duty, such as cleaning or maintenance.
- Every associate will understand and support their work area and hotel goals as established in the vision and mission statements.